CRYPTOLOGY TRAINING SESSION 1
*Will be taught in English
Introduction to Cryptology
This training session will provide a general overview of cryptology and introduce fundamental algorithms and modes.
Skills that will be trained / output:
- Basic understanding of cryptology including the difference between ciphers and codes
- Basic understanding of the relative importance of cryptographic algorithms, modes and keys
- Hands-on experience with encryption/decryption of messages using common cryptographic algorithms and modes
- Hands-on experience with validating file fingerprints (using cryptographic hash functions) and digital signatures
Level of expertise needed to attend:
- This session requires no prior knowledge about cryptology or about cryptographic algorithms, modes and protocols.
- Participants are expected to be confident computer users.