Cryptology Training Session 2
Cryptology with Confidence: Making and Breaking Cryptography
**The session will be taught in English**
This training session will provide a deeper study of cryptographic algorithms, modes and protocols, with a focus on what makes them work and where they are typically broken. This includes an overview of techniques for generating and managing cryptographic keys, as well as introduction to random number generators and bias in their output.
Skills that will be trained
- Basic understanding of possible exploits and the concept of weakness in cryptography
- Basic understanding of cryptoanalytic attacks to existing ciphers, including different techniques for breaking encryption and signature schemes
- Hands-on experience with practical attacks on rudimentary substitution ciphers
- Hands-on experience with practical attacks on modern block ciphers
Level of expertise needed to attend
- This session requires fundamental knowledge about cryptology corresponding to the content covered in the first training session.
- Participants are expected to be confident computer users and participants may benefit from some programming experience using a scripting language, such as Python.
WE HIGHLY RECCOMEND YOU TO ATTEND CRYPTOLOGY SESSION 1 AS WELL, AS THESE ARE INTERLINKED.